Friday, March 11, 2011

I passed! Enter 2 weeks of freedom

Well, folks, I am now a proud graduate of the Bengali language training! I passed my exam with a 2 in speaking and 2+ in reading. Woah!!!! The Diplomat procured an unusually expensive bottle of champagne ($19.99!!!), a box of strawberries, a bouquet of gerberas and is bathing Son and putting him to bed! I am officially celebrating!
I will spend the next two weeks fixing my suits (A-100 program is done in business attire) since all of them are 3 sizes larger for me (go Weight Watchers!), staring at my feet, watching horrible daytime TV, rearranging needlessly the apartment, having ridiculously long lunches with friends, playing the piano and planning elaborate weekly menus. I am also off to NYC to dust off the apartment there, try to sell some obsolete Son paraphernalia from the baby days to make some cash to buy shoes, to see friends and celebrate my (relative) freedom.
Life is great!
Now if only someone would buy the apartment.....

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing your language test! That will make you the least-anxious person in A-100 and allow you to enjoy it oh so much more :-). Enjoy your blissful time off before the wonderful madness begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! That's just fabulous. You deserve a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is a bit delayed- but I haven't been doing much blog reading lately.

    ReplyDelete